The benefits of spending time outside, with nature are endless. Our kids are out of shape, tuned out and stressed out, because they’re missing something essential to their health and development: connection to the natural world.
Our goal is to foster a generation of children who look forward to adventure, regain their sense of wonder of the outdoors and enjoy spending more time outside.
According to the World Wildlife Federation, the benefits of outdoor and adventure are many…
- Outdoor play increases fitness levels and builds active, healthy bodies.
- Spending time outside raises levels of Vitamin D, helping protect children from future bone problems, heart disease, diabetes and other health issues.8
- Being out there improves distance vision and lowers the chance of nearsightedness.9
- Exposure to natural settings may be widely effective in reducing ADHD symptoms.10
- Schools with environmental education programs score higher on standardized tests in math, reading, writing and listening.11
- Exposure to environment-based education significantly increases student performance on tests of their critical thinking skills.12
- Children’s stress levels fall within minutes of seeing green spaces.13
- Nature makes you nicer, enhancing social interactions, value for community and close relationships.15
We aim to reconnect our youth and community with the outdoors and give them access to all the benefits above and many, many more.
Want to get involved?
We are always looking for sponsors to continue allowing us to serve our local youth. If you are interested in helping, please contact us.